“I was a stranger and you invited me in.” Matthew 25:35
God is on the move! As of February 2018, Building Hope in the City (BHITC) officially purchased 15135 Triskett Road, also known as The Hope Center’s (The Center) building, which it has rented two days a week for the last three years.
With the purchase of the building, BHITC staff and volunteers are expanding its classes, services and making much-needed improvements to the building over the next few years. These changes will vastly improve the quality and capacity of services BHITC and its volunteers provide to refugees and immigrants, further deepening relationships with this vulnerable community.
Over the next 30 days, BHITC would like to raise $35,000 to cover the costs of The Center’s expansion. This expansion includes the following:
- Expansion of Center operations from 2 days a week to 4 days a week to better accommodate the large number of refugees
- Expansion of The Center’s legal services to allow BHITC to provide low-cost access to legal representation, but also to journey alongside refugees and immigrants through this important point of their lives.
- Replacement of boiler system – a necessary large expense before the cold weather hits again.
Investing beyond the dollars/Moving beyond the Money:
Refugees and immigrants are feeling more unwelcome than ever. But BHITC believes God has sent them here to experience the love of God and the friendship of His people. Make your faith tangible by signing up to become a refugee mentor. You can extend a hand of friendship to one family new to our country and city without any American and Christian friends. You’ll change an entire family’s experience of what it means to live in Cleveland and what they think of Jesus and his followers.
To get started, SIGN UP HERE to attend a Building Hope 101 and Refugee/Hope Center 101 class at one of the following times:
- August 18 at BHITC offices 2038 W29th St.
- BH 101: 8:00 am
- Refugee/HC 101: 9:00 – 11:00 am
- September 20 at The Hope Center 15135 Triskett Rd.
- BH 101: 5:30 pm
- Refugee/HC 101: 6:30 – 9:30 pm
To view a full list of volunteer opportunities in our refugee & immigrant ministry, click here. If you have any questions, please call (216) 281-4673 or e-mail Sharon Schuldt at email@example.com.