The Hope Center for Refugees and Immigrants
BHITC befriends refugees and immigrants at the command of Jesus, who told us to not only welcome strangers, but also treat them as though they are family. The Hope Center for Refugees and Immigrants in West Park is BHITC’s satellite hub for services to refugees and immigrants living in West Park, Lakewood and surrounding areas.
Where: 15135 Triskett Road in Cleveland’s West Park neighborhood.
The Hope Center opened in February of 2015, and since that time, daily visits have increased by more than 700 percent! Just as BHITC hoped and prayed, The Hope Center has become much more than solely a place for operating programs – it also gives refugees and immigrants a place to belong. Located at 15135 Triskett Road, The Hope Center offers programs and services through weekly recurring classes, by appointment and also for walk-ins. Read below for more information.
The Hope Center’s Wish List
Want to meet an immediate need(s) at The Hope Center? Shop the Amazon wish list here! You can also shop BHITC’s Amazon wish list of books for its after-school enrichment and tutoring program at The Hope Center here! Don’t forget to use smile.amazon.com and select Building Hope in the City to receive a portion of ALL of your Amazon purchases, not just those from our Wish List!
For a detailed monthly calendar of The Hope Center’s events and classes click here.
- Citizenship – Assistance to prepare individuals for the US Citizenship exam
- Low Beginners’ English – Entry-level English classes for those with little or no English skills
- High Beginners’ English – English classes for those with some English skills and experience
- Intermediate English – English classes for those with moderate to good English skills
- Education Enrichment for Elementary & High School – Tutoring and family support by loving volunteers
- Ladies’ Yoga – Relaxation and stretching exercise class for women
- Ladies’ Zumba – Fast-paced, dancing-style fitness class for women
- GED Classes beginning early 2019!
Assistance provided by appointment:
- Job help through ASIA, Inc. – Provides cultural and linguistic information and services
- Starting a business through ECDI – Provides small business and start-up loans to entrepreneurs
- Legal Services – BHITC has a licensed attorney on staff, who is available by appointment. Call (216) 241-9400 to schedule.
Walk-in assistance available:
- Resume building
- Job search assistance
- Computer-based English classes
Contact The Hope Center for more information at (216) 241-9400.
For more information on volunteer opportunities at The Hope Center, click here.
Refugee and Immigrant Ministries
BHITC now has a licensed attorney on staff to assist with legal filings related to immigration.
ESL / Citizenship Preparation
Staff and volunteers provide tutoring for learning English and preparing for the U.S. citizenship exam.
BHITC and its partners assist refugees and immigrants in securing employment, purchasing homes and the startup of micro-enterprises.
Guidance for churches seeking to integrate these populations into the rhythms of congregational life and ministry that embraces cultural diversity.
Refugee Services Collaborative
Refugee Services Collaborative (RSC) is a group of Cleveland organizations that have joined together to better serve the rising numbers of refugees resettling in Northeast Ohio. It includes the three Cuyahoga County refugee resettlement agencies and area school systems, healthcare providers, and community and faith-based organizations. Building Hope in the City is a founding member of the RSC.